Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just Smile

I never knew that smiling could really fool people into thinking you’re happy. But in the mornings when the day staff comes on, they tell me I must have had a good night because I’m smiling. I reply by telling them I’m smiling because I finally get to go home!
When I’m working and in the middle of being stressed beyond belief, my patients and my co-workers are unable to tell. For some reason, I just smile through the stress at work. At least it seems to make everyone else feel better. My patients certainly don’t need to know and I’ve learned that it helps the rest of the staff that I’m working with. It helps them to think that it’s not so bad and they can make it through too. I never realized at first that I was smiling through everything. I guess after the night that I realized crying didn’t help me, my body just naturally reverted to smiling.
So SO true

No comments:

Post a Comment